Thursday, September 1, 2011

five.

The beginning of a new blog calls for an introduction. I thought I would share 5 things about me which each explain why I am back in the blogging world.

#1 I am newly married, newly relocated, and newly pregnant.
There has been a lot of new in my life within the last 8 months: a new city (Chicago), a new (first and only) husband (Mr. Allen), and a new baby on the way (who we adoringly call "Cubbie".)
This blog will help me remember to reflect on the newness, the action, the love, the life I am living, and it will give me an outlet in which to share it.

#2 I love reading blogs.
No really... I could (and do) spend all day reading your blogs. My list of blogs I follow is too long for anyone to really keep up with, but still I manage. And I really hate when my reader tells me I have no more unread posts. Can't you all just keep writing all day to keep me entertained?
I love the DIY blogs, the sewing blogs, the cute idea blogs, the cooking blogs, etc.
Let's face it - I'm hooked.
And I want to join the club. I want to be as cool as all those other moms out there with sweet crafts and activities and making their kids the cutest clothes. Yes, I love idolize your world.

#3 Although this baby is not out of the womb yet, I am a stay-at-home-mom. ...of sorts.
I am a full-time nanny. Yes, I signed up and went to school to be a teacher, but I spend my day with an infant, and that leaves me with plenty of stories, headaches, naptimes, and blogging time.
And I need to keep family and friends back home caught up with this baby's growth and arrival and cuteness.

#4 I passionately and with much failure follow my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
A lot of the bloggers I follow express their faith openly online, which I love. I will definitely be bold about that, and I hope that my blog will encourage you or challenge you, although the content may not be directly spiritually written.

#5 I inherited the best, most wonderful, vintage sewing machine a few months ago.
Since I had been following so many sewing blogs, I thought maybe this is for me. I do have a lot of time on my hands, and I think I might be creative enough. So I asked around for a machine to borrow for a bit to test out the waters. Instead, I inherited a wonderful sewing machine (built into its table) from the 50s, passed down from Mr. Allen's grandmother who recently passed away. What a joy it is to know that the machine is worth much more than money. And so far, I love it. So I will share some projects which I find steal from the wonderful world of bloggers out there.

Oh, and the name? Well, Mr. Allen's family is a bear sleuth (that's the official name of a group of bears, I googled it.) Each member has a bear-y name, and we love to be together as a complete sleuth bear family. Over the years of dating, I sort of inherited a bear name, but I think I've finally found it: little baby mama bear. Because I am no where near ready to fill the shoes of a mama bear (my two moms are way too amazing for me to think that I could do that), but this baby is coming, and I will gladly have it as mine. So I will be a little baby mama... bear.

with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment