Monday, January 9, 2012

what i gave for Christmas

I know, after I said that Mr. Allen got me 17 presents for Christmas, you were expecting a post about each and every one of them. But this isn't about what I got, but what I gave.

I only ventured two handmade/homemade gifts this year, but only remembered to document one. Both my moms (my real mom/best friend/Firebolt and my new, wonderful mother-in-law) received homemade gifts this year for Christmas. I painted/modpodge-d an art piece for my mom to add to her Christmas decor, and for my mother-in-law, I made this:




My inspiration for this project came from this post. Who even knows how I found the tutorial because I not only found it months ago, but I don't even follow that blog. Anyway, I'm thankful that I did find it, because this apron was my first intense sewing project where cutting and ironing and folding and sewing were so particular, and I was terrified to mess it up.


I absolutely love this fabric print, and love that the brown lining I made went well with the blue swirlies as well. Mr. Allen helped me pick out these great fabrics at Joann. He is a crafter at heart. [Okay, that's not true at all, but he puts up with my crafting so well.]


linking up with:




Button
The Southern Institute



2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed! That is absolutely adorable! Also, I forgot that I recently ordered some new fabric for a project that I'm doing -- another scrap for Nora's map. And it's not blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I just wrote a new pattern for an apron - they are so fun to make, and to give!

    ReplyDelete